Posted: 2017-10-26, Closing: 2018-01-26
Where: 1769 Chiefswood Road
Ohsweken, ON. N0A 1M0
Reporting to the Pharmacy Manager or Pharmacist, the Pharmacy Assistant/Technician is primarily responsible to ensure all technical aspects of prescription dispensing are performed in accordance with federal and provincial regulations, standards of practice and policies to enable the delivery of optimal patient care and customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Pharmacy Assistant/Technician, your role will require you to:
- Follow directions from your supervising pharmacist(s).
- Receive, enter and fill new and/or refilled prescriptions accurately and efficiently.
- Answer and respond to telephone questions or direct these calls to the appropriate colleague.
- Provide exceptional customer service directly to customers.
- Ensuring accurate pick-up of prescriptions.
- Complete appropriate documentation and filing procedures.
- Enter and process the sale of prescriptions and other purchases using the POS cash register.
- Ensure supplies and checked and restocked.
- Tidy and maintain the dispensary including prescription section, waiting area and the counselling area.
Job Requirements- Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum grade 12 education. Certification from recognized College.
- Previous experience in community pharmacy (front store or dispensary) is a strong asset.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work all required shifts including evenings and weekends.
- Proficient computer data entry skills.
- Highly organized, team oriented with a positive attitude.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Contact: Randy Sears