Sneeze-free the natural way
The simplest and safest way for a pregnant or breast-feeding woman to control her allergies is to avoid allergens, the substances to which she is allergic. Here are some tips to help stay allergy-free:
- Limit your exposure to outdoor pollens.
- Have central air conditioning installed so that you can keep your windows closed during the peak allergy season.
- Don’t hang your laundry outside to dry. Pollen can get trapped in the clothing. Use a dryer instead.
- Avoid travelling to rural areas when there are high pollen forecasts.
- Vacuum and clean your home and car regularly to keep them tidy and dust-free.
- Change bed sheets frequently and wash them in hot water.
- Remove carpets or use commercial products to kill carpet dust mites.
- Consider relocating your family pet while you are pregnant or breast-feeding if you do not want to use any allergy medications.
- Avoid using pesticides.
- Keep the lawn no longer than a few centimetres to reduce the amount of grass pollen.
- Minimize the amount of moisture in your home, as mold can develop if it’s too humid.
All material copyright MediResource Inc. 1996 – 2017. Terms and conditions of use. The contents herein are for informational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Source: www.medbroadcast.com/healthfeature/gethealthfeature/Allergies-in-Motherhood