Where to find help in dealing with an addiction
Help is out there. Knowing where to find it when you need it makes a difference.
The following is a small sample of available services. For further resources, refer to the Community Support or Support Groups section of this website. Or search online for services in your region – or consult your doctor, pharmacist, teacher, or guidance counsellor. The blue pages and the yellow pages of your phone book also provide information on finding help.
- Addictions Foundation of Manitoba: afm.mb.ca
- Alberta Alcohol and Drug Abuse Commission: www.aadac.com
- Alcoholics Anonymous: www.alcoholics-anonymous.org
- Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse: www.ccsa.ca
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health: www.camh.net
- Drug and Alcohol Registry of Treatment: www.dart.on.ca
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868, kidshelp.sympatico.ca
- Klinic Community Health Centre: www.klinic.mb.ca
- The Motherisk Program: www.motherisk.org
All material copyright MediResource Inc. 1996 – 2017. Terms and conditions of use. The contents herein are for informational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Source: www.medbroadcast.com/healthfeature/gethealthfeature/Addictions-Close-Up